Factory reset Android using the Settings
If you’ve decided to factory reset Android, the most user-friendly way to do it is through the Settings. Here’s how.
- Make sure de device is plugged in or has enough battery to go through the reset process.
- Open the Settings app.
- Select System.
- Expand the menu by hitting Advanced.
- Go into Reset options.
- Hit Erase all data (factory reset).
- Tap on Erase all data.
- Enter your PIN if prompted.
- Select Erase all data and let the phone do its thing.
Factory reset Android using Recovery Mode
- Make sure the phone is turned off.
- Press and hold the Powerand Volume Down buttons simultaneously.
- Continue pressing them until the screen starts.
- A screen with the word “Start” pointing at the power button, text, and navigation instructions will appear.
- You can now use the Power button to make selections and the Volumekeys to navigate.
- Hit the Volume Downbutton until you see Recovery Mode.
- Press the Power button to select it.
- The phone will restart and show an Android robot in trouble.
- Press and hold the Powerbutton, then press the Volume Up button while still holding the Power button.
- Using the Volume buttons highlight Wipe data/factory reset.
- Press the Power button to select the option.
- Confirm by selecting Yesand let the phone do its thing.
- Once done, select Reboot system now.